possible patch for implementing split DNS

Dmitry Pryanishnikov dmitry at atlantis.dp.ua
Tue Aug 29 08:11:08 UTC 2006

Hello!

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Duane Whitty wrote:
> Well, I think maybe your solution is the simplest and it sounds like an
> interesting feature.  I do wonder though if it would be possible to bind
> a process to a network interface alias on the fly?  So if you had ten possible

   Alas I don't see the way to bind an abstract process to the specific IP
address on hosts with several IPs. For applications which use connect(2),
we have net/libconnect port, but simple experiments with it and a couple of
trivial resolver(3) consumers (like ping or telnet) show that resolver(3)
doesn't use connect(2) by default, so net/libconnect can't change source IP
address for DNS queries on the fly.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator