netgraph with 10Gig interfaces

sivakumar.subramani at wipro.com sivakumar.subramani at wipro.com
Thu Aug 17 12:51:51 UTC 2006

Hi Mark,

I have bge and fxp interface on the system. I enabled the NETGRAPH by
enabling the NETGRAPH in the config file and compiled the new kernel.
Then, booted with the new kernel.

fxp0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        options=8<VLAN_MTU>
        inet6 fe80::290:27ff:fe85:8b8c%fxp0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
        inet 17.1.1.150 netmask 0xff000000 broadcast 17.255.255.255
        ether 00:90:27:85:8b:8c
        media: Ethernet autoselect (none)
        status: no carrier

bge0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        options=1a<TXCSUM,VLAN_MTU,VLAN_HWTAGGING>
        inet6 fe80::2e0:81ff:fe29:f38d%bge0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x3
        inet 10.114.52.152 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 10.114.52.255
        ether 00:e0:81:29:f3:8d
        status: active

Even then I could not see the above interfaces listed in the output of
the list command of ngctl.

+ list -l
There are 2 total nodes:
  Name: ngctl1088       Type: socket          ID: 00000007   Num hooks:
0
  Name: <unnamed>       Type: eiface          ID: 00000004   Num hooks:
0
+ list -n
There are 1 total named nodes:
  Name: ngctl1088       Type: socket          ID: 00000007   Num hooks:
0
+

But as per the document in the below link it is mentioned that network
interface by default should be listed in the output.
http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200003/netgraph.html

Is that means these drivers are not supporting the netgraph?

Thanks,
~Siva