Redundant/failover NFS servers - stale NFS file handle

Attila Nagy bra at fsn.hu
Mon Aug 14 20:23:03 UTC 2006

On 2006. 08. 14. 20:43, Attila Nagy wrote:
> that a little bit hackish. I can solve this problem with Linux, but I
> would like to do it with FreeBSD, that's why I'm asking. Maybe somebody
> has a clever idea, which can make it possible on FreeBSD, without the
> above hassles.
BTW, is there a feature, like Solaris client side NFS failover planned
or in the works?

See:
http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/816-4555/6maoquib7?a=view#rfsrefer-51
and
http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/search?q=failover&path=%2Fon%2Fusr%2Fsrc%2Futs%2Fcommon%2Ffs%2Fnfs
http://cvs.opensolaris.org/source/xref/on/usr/src/uts/common/fs/nfs/nfs_subr.c

I don't want to use more than one IP on the client side, because I'm
serving from a virtual IP (but it's possible to have two virtual IPs
with the same machines :), but it's perfectly OK if the client would do
a remap in the case of a stale handle, or anything else, this failover
stuff does.

Thanks,
--
Attila Nagy                                   e-mail: Attila.Nagy at fsn.hu
Free Software Network (FSN.HU)                 phone: +3630 306 6758