Big PPTP server

Brett Glass brett at lariat.net
Fri Aug 11 03:32:49 UTC 2006

At 09:00 PM 8/10/2006, Ganbold wrote:

>It will be much easier if you can write some script to generate
>mpd config files. I'm generating config files such way for PPPoE.

Is there a way to avoid having to generate them at all? It seems to
me that it would be very easy for mpd to create netgraph nodes on
the fly as it needed them.

>Did you try Radius?

This company hasn't been using a RADIUS server. They have an Active
Directory server (yuck!), but I don't know if it would be useful
for this purpose.

By the way, a related problem I'm encountering is that mpd seems to
want some options set before authentication when they need to be
set afterward based on the user's identity. For example, while the
user's IP can be set when the user is identified and authenticated
(via mpd.secret), the IP at the host end of the PPP link can't. So,
you run into situations where the IP assigned to the incoming
PPP/PPTP user isn't on the same subnet as the one assigned to the
host, which seems to cause routing problems.

--Brett Glass