Plans to port OpenBSD trunk(4)?

Antony Mawer fbsd-net at mawer.org
Thu Aug 3 05:50:53 UTC 2006

Hi list,

Is there any interest or plans underway to port the trunk(4) feature
from OpenBSD? OpenBSD's trunk(4) appears to be exactly what I'm looking
for, but there doesn't appear to be anything I can find on a port to
FreeBSD.

     http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=trunk&sektion=4

I've been tasked with setting up a system that will have 2x Intel
Pro/1000 network adapters linked to an HP ProCurve 5300XL modular switch.

I stumbled across ng_fec(4), but it refers explicitly to Cisco Fast
EtherChannel; some information suggests that this is supported by the HP
switch... would using Netgraph with ng_fec achieve the same end result?
Has anyone successfully used it as such?

Cheers
Antony