Marvell 88E8053 lan controller support

Doug Ambrisko ambrisko at ambrisko.com
Tue Apr 25 23:57:43 UTC 2006

Brad writes:
| On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 11:36:17AM -0700, Paul Saab wrote:
| > Brad wrote:
| > >
| > >Source exists for newer Broadcom Gig chips (575x and derivatives) yet
| > >there is no documentation available for that either.
| >
| > Documentation does exist, just not publically.
|
| Ya, just as documentation does exist for Yukon II but it is also
| not available publically. As goes for numerous other MAC/PHY/SCSI/RAID
| chipsets. If it's not in the hands of the right people then it does not
| do us any good.

I think you missed Paul's point.  Documentation has been made available
to people in the FreeBSD project from Broadcom.  If I wasn't so busy
trying to make things work from some other unfriendly companies I could
help with some more Broadcom issues.  Recently, they just gave us a
driver.  So "right" may apply to people that have time.

Doug A.