New version of iwi(4) - Call for testers [regression!]

Fabian Keil freebsd-listen at fabiankeil.de
Wed Apr 19 12:54:52 UTC 2006

Max Laier <max at love2party.net> wrote:

> > max> Updated version here:
> > max> http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/new_iwi/20060409.both_nofw.tgz
>
> Latest version:
> http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/new_iwi/20060418.both_nofw.tgz

> > Why don't you commit it into HEAD, yet? :)
>
> Will do that after this *LAST* iteration of testing.  Please test now
> - you have been warned.

Not a serious problem, but for me "ifconfig iwi0 ether $NEWMACADDRESS"
brings down the interface because of:

Apr 19 14:44:13 TP51 kernel: firmware_get: failed to load firmware image iwi_bss
Apr 19 14:44:13 TP51 kernel: iwi0: could not load firmware

I assume loading iwi_bss fails because it was already loaded.

Sometimes "ifconfig iwi0 up" is enough to bring iwi0 back,
but most of the times I get "status: no carrier" (even though
"ifconfig iwi0 scan" shows the AP) until I reload iwiNG.

If I change the ethernet address before bringing the interface
up, I don't get any problems.

Fabian
--
http://www.fabiankeil.de/