New version of iwi(4) - Call for testers [regression!]

Ross Finlayson finlayson at live555.com
Mon Apr 10 13:49:33 UTC 2006

>New iwi driver loads firmware automatically.  You need to install
>ports/net/iwi-firmware-kmod instead of ports/net/iwi-firmware.  If you
>are using RELENG_6, you need to specify -DTESTING to an argument of
>make(1) when building iwi-firmware-kmod.

OK, thanks - that works.

However, I have still been unsuccessful trying to get IBSS mode to
work with the new (or old) "iwi" driver.  I ran:

         ifconfig iwi0 inet <my-address> ssid FOOBAR channel 5
mediaopt adhoc up

and then "ifconfig iwi0" indicates
         media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect (autoselect <adhoc>)
but no other clients are able to see it.

Has anyone gotten this to work?  (I can't use BSS mode, because I
want to run it as a base station, and "hostap" doesn't work for it -
being a non-Prism chipset.)

	Ross Finlayson
	Live Networks, Inc. (LIVE555.COM)
	<http://www.live555.com/>