Is there an API for ipfw?

Mikhail Teterin mi+kde at aldan.algebra.com
Sat Apr 1 23:34:21 UTC 2006

On Saturday 01 April 2006 03:57 pm, you wrote:
= i don't know on which version of freebsd is this occurring,
= it would help knowning - as well as knowing if this is an
= UP/SMP and whether it is working as a bridge or router.

It is a FreeBSD/amd64-6.1 as of February 7, running on a signle Opteron 244
(hence UP). Machine has 2Gb of RAM and the active interface is em0 in full
duplex 1GB mode. The ipfw and dummynet are loaded modules, not compiled in
(don't know, if that matters).

Without the pipes, the same Sun machine (NFS client) sends this data at around
36Mb/s, which is too fast for my program to compress, so I'd like to be able
to throttle it.

Thanks! Yours,

	-mi