ipv6 panic in 6.0 ([kris@FreeBSD.org: kern/85780: 'panic: bogus refcnt 0' in routing/ipv6])

SUZUKI Shinsuke suz at kame.net
Tue Sep 27 20:07:13 PDT 2005

Hello kris,

> Can someone please look into this ipv6 panic?  It is now my #1 panic
> on 6.0 (every few days, and I hardly make any use of ipv6 except for
> light nfs and tcp traffic), so it would be good to get it fixed before
> the release.

Let me confirm one thing.
Did you also see a message "panic: bogus refcnt 0", in your panic?

As far as I investigated, only IF_CLONE_REMREF_LOCKED() can display
this message.  But it's called only in
if_clone_create/detach/destory(), and none of them seems to be called
according to the description in the PR.  (rtexpunge() in route.c also
has this message, but it is commented out by "if 0", so it is not the
cause of this message)

Thanks,
----
SUZUKI, Shinsuke @ KAME Project