em(4) receive part wedging randomly at moderate load

Scott M. Ferris sferris at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 10:34:32 PDT 2005

On 9/26/05, Petri Helenius <pete at he.iki.fi> wrote:

> Does anyone have the programming data for the chipsets so the driver
> could be taken further? I've been unable to obtain them from Intel
> despite of repeated attempts.

Intel released the 8254x Developer Manual in late July, so some
information is now available.  You can download a PDF from
SourceForge:

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/e1000/

Unfortunately that document doesn't appear to have any chip errata in it,
so you may have to search the Linux driver for the work-arounds it's using,
but it's better than having no documentation at all.

--
Scott M. Ferris