VIA VT6103 support (VIA EPIA PD)

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Fri Sep 23 03:24:17 PDT 2005

Antony Mawer <fbsd-net at mawer.org> wrote:
 > On 22/09/2005 8:40 PM, Oliver Fromme wrote:
 > > Therefore I'd like to ask:  Does the VIA VT6103 work with-
 > > out problems under FreeBSD (RELENG_5 or RELENG_6, or maybe
 > > even RELENG_4)?
 > >
 > > Better yet:  Does someone use an EPIA PD* board with both
 > > on-board interfaces under FreeBSD without problems?
 >
 > I'm using one of the PD10000 EPIA machines as a mail
 > server/router/firewall/etc at home and it performs quite nicely at the
 > job. I haven't noticed any problems with the network on it...:

Cool, thanks!  I just ordered mine.  :-)

So I can assume that the problems mentioned in the PR and
mailing lists have been solved.

 > It's currently running 6.0-BETA2 (although I'll be bringing it
 > up-to-date with the latest RELENG_6 shortly; buildworld on the machine
 > does take a while so I'll probably NFS mount it off another faster machine!)

How long does a buildworld take?

Best regards
   Oliver

PS:  An related question (although off-topic here):
I assume a Mini-ITX board fits into a standard ATX Midi-
tower without problems, right?

"I have stopped reading Stephen King novels.
Now I just read C code instead."
        -- Richard A. O'Keefe