wierd problems with openvpn

Vulpes Velox v.velox at vvelox.net
Thu Sep 22 19:02:04 PDT 2005

Just been messing around with openvpn and trying to get it up and
running using http://openvpn.net/static.html as a guide. It works,
but I run into a weird problem with data moving across the vpn. I can
send a ping across from the client to the server, but the server
never sends any thing back. I used tcpdump to make sure the server is
seeing it and it is. I see it going there on both machines, but I
never see a reply.

I am running pf on the server... but it should not be doing any
thing...

server pf.conf...
ext_if="fxp1"
int_if="fxp0"
internal_net="192.168.0.0/8"
dcc = "{ 6115:6130 }"
bittorrent = "{ 6881:6889 }"
nat on $ext_if from $internal_net to any -> ($ext_if)
rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any port $dcc -> 192.168.0.2
rdr on $ext_if proto tcp from any to any port $bittorrent ->
192.168.0.2 rdr on $ext_if proto udp from any to any port 27960 ->
192.168.0.2 pass in all
pass out all

server config...
dev tun