Bridging and divert

Olivier Nicole on at cs.ait.ac.th
Mon Sep 12 20:52:11 PDT 2005

> Is there a trick to make bridge work with divert ?

I use ipf not ipfw. Divert I think is same as redirection. What I
found out is:

1) firewall applies only to incoming packets (while I think it should
   apply to incoming and outgoing) so only half the rules applies, and
   the revert rule of an a redirection will never apply.

2) the IP packet is modified OK, but the Ethernet frame that encl;ose
   the packet is not modified, so whatever the IP says, the packet
   will be delivered to the same old MAC address.

> Is something like thay maybe possible with pf or ipf ?

Modify /sys/net/bridge.c (good luck!)

Olivier