Summer of Code 2005: Improve Libalias

Paolo Pisati p.pisati at oltrelinux.com
Tue Sep 6 07:10:55 PDT 2005

On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 04:06:57PM +0400, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:
> during your work with libalias have you found any bugs or buglets,
> or a rough places, that should be considered to be merged to main
> FreeBSD CVS tree as soon as possible, before next release?

well, actually i didn't find any bugs in libalias that was not
imputable to my work, but i found 2 bugs in other parts of
FreeBSD:

1) kernel panic with ipfw as kld in 5.x and 6.x:

kldload ipfw.ko
ipfw show (the 65k rule will show up)
ipfw add 100 allow all from any to any
ipfw del 100
panic: kmem_malloc: entry not found or misaligned

tested on qemu only

2) natd crash receiving a SIGHUP

launch natd this way (as root):

/sbin/natd -n <if> -v

where if is your nic

then

sudo killall -HUP natd

natd will core dump

i didn't have time to investigate any further, but if i'm not
the only one to see them, i can take a look...

bye
--
Paolo