6.0-RC1 IPv6 losing local subnet route

SUZUKI Shinsuke suz at kame.net
Fri Oct 28 08:06:08 PDT 2005

Hello Craig,

> > Yes, but em0 and em1 are on different computers attached to the same
> > network (em0 on the second computer isn't connected to anything right
> > now).  I think they have to have the same prefix to talk to each other
> > without routing?
> Now I understand the situation. (I thought em0 and em1 belong to the
> same box)
>
> I'll check it on this weekend.

I tried the same test using my PC with fxp drivers, but your phenomena
did not happen in my environment (at least for five hours).

Maybe the configured prefix was regarded as off-link by some reason.
(it is theoretically possible in IPv6, but I'm not sure whether it
really happens in your case)

To confirm this, could you show me the result of the following
commands before and after the trouble?
      - ndp -p
      - ifconfig -a

Thanks,