Release 6.0 TCP stack

Andre Oppermann andre at freebsd.org
Tue Oct 25 09:33:06 PDT 2005

Karim Fodil-Lemelin wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I just noticed that RELENG_6 was frozen, I haven't downloaded the
> RC1 yet but I have BETA4 and noticed that T/TCP was removed and a blank
> was left in its place. I would like to know if there will be a
> replacement for T/TCP in FreeBSD 6.0 STABLE or not.

The T/TCP replacement will be in FreeBSD 7 (aka -current) before end
of the year.  After some time settling in it is very likely to get
backported to be released in FreeBSD 6.1 as it doesn't break API/ABI
compatibility.

> Thanks,
>
> PS: Nice work on the new FreeBSD project web site, things are much
> easier to find now.

Thanks.  It was a big thing that kept many in the FreeBSD team busy
for quite some time.

--
Andre