ndiscvt not generating ndis_driver_data.h

Jayton Garnett jay at codegurus.org
Wed Oct 19 23:10:56 PDT 2005

Hello,

I have previously used ndiscvt one a 5.4 x86 installation of freebsd and
it work fine and I am happy with it, however I have tried to get my wifi
card working on 5.4 AMD64
and when doing:

ndiscvt -i TNET1130.INF -s tnet1130.sys -f Fw1130.bin -o ndis_driver_data.h

It does not give me any errors and does not produce the required
ndis_driver_data.h
I have mounted my 5.4 x86 /usr directory and copied all the file from
/sys/modules/if_ndis to my AMD64's /sys/modules/if_ndis and tried to
compile it like that which it did with no errors.
When I try to load the kernel module produced it gives me a exec error (
presumably because its x86 code and not AMD64 code)

I dont want to have my server acting as a gateway either, the two
machines are half a meter apart.

Any help/info would be very appreciated.

Cheers,
Jayton