urgent: RELENG_5 ipfw/nat/IPSEC Problem..

Holm Tiffe holm at freibergnet.de
Wed Oct 19 11:02:18 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have a currently big problem with the following setup:

A FreeBSD Box, running 5_STABLE is  connected wirh one interface to the
public, with the other to an nated' subnet with private address space.
I need to allow at least one host from inside the private network access
to an outside Cisco VPN concentrator. I've learned in the meantime, that
allowing udp connections from inside to the outside net and vis versa is'nt
doing the job.
(I've struggeled in the meantime over tcpdump, that is showing isakmp
packets leaving the external interface, but they dont't really do this..)

What exactly I have to do get this working?

The FreeBSD Box is out of reach (around 50km from here), I can't access the
hosts on the inside network and I dont't have access to the cisco
concentrator, so I can't test different setups ..

Can please anyone help?

Regards,

Holm

ps: please Cc me, I've currently not subscribed to this list.
--
L&P::Kommunikation GbR          Holm Tiffe  * Administration, Development
FreibergNet.de Internet Systems                     phone +49 3731 419010