What's wrong with netgraph NG_FWD_NEW_DATA?

Chris Dionissopoulos dionch at freemail.gr
Mon Oct 17 10:04:09 PDT 2005

Dean,
You 're right about using a unicast mac address , but after doing that
it goes even worse.
It seems that ngeth0 denies to accept (and forward to upper layers) to
any traffic sees,
for some reason. After placing static arp entries in both boxes
(freebsd+remote) i have
the same behavior (as multicast):
o physical interface works fine(traffic flows on both directions).
o app:stack-->ngeth0:ng0---->xl0:low--->wire   [WORKS]
o wire --->xl0:low--->ng0:ngeth0--->stack:app  [FAILED]
                           tcpdump here(ngeth0) shows traffic (incomming
only)

I'm really stuck here...

Chris.