Broadcom Wireless LAN

John Barbieri tenpin784 at metrocast.net
Sat Oct 15 11:46:43 PDT 2005

Leandro Garber wrote:

>Hi, im new in FreeBSD, and installed it yesterday. I have a problem with my
>BroadCom Wireless NIC.
>
>I'm using the last STABLE branch of FreeBSD, i've make installed ndis and
>then converted my nic's wxp drivers and make installed if_ndis...
>
>i kldloaded those modules, and everything was fine. I ifconfigured ndis0
>(the NIC that appear when i kldload if_ndis) and put it UP.
>
>NIC's ip is 10.0.0.1 <http://10.0.0.1>, router's ip is 10.0.0.2.... i ping
>10.0.0.2 <http://10.0.0.2> and its ok... i also can change my router
>configuration @ 10.0.0.2:80 <http://10.0.0.2:80>...
>
>when i ping www.google.com <http://www.google.com> this happens:
>
>root at pupulandia# ping www.google.com <http://www.google.com>
>PING www.l.google.com <http://www.l.google.com>
>(64.233.187.104<http://64.233.187.104>):
>56 data bytes
>ping: sendto: Network is down
>ping: sendto: Network is down
>ping: sendto: Network is down
>ping: sendto: Network is down
>ping: sendto: Network is down
>^C
>--- www.l.google.com <http://www.l.google.com> ping statistics ---
>5 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100% packet loss
>
>any idea ?

Probably a dumb question,

but when you do a netstat -rn, do you have a default gateway? and is it
your routers IP?

eg:

xwing# netstat -rn
Routing tables

Internet:
Destination        Gateway            Flags    Refs      Use  Netif Expire
default            65.175.136.1       UGSc       15 57408426   sis0

except for 65.175.136.1 it should be 10.0.0.2 according to your setup.

if it is not, try doing a route add default 10.0.0.2 and then try
pinging again.

to make the change last through a reboot, check /etc/rc.conf for a line
that says:

defaultrouter="10.0.0.2"

hope this helps

john