Having issues with bridging vlan and em in 5.4-STABLE

Jonathan Feally vulture at netvulture.com
Mon Oct 10 23:39:51 PDT 2005

After further testing I have found 2 issues pertaining to my problem.

a. ) MAC on returning packets from box are that of the vlan199 parent
interface's instead of that of the other em0 interface.
b.) The dns responses are leaving the box on the vlan, but the dst port
number is getting scrambled in the process. tcpdump on the box shows in
and out on the same ports, but the host shows out on one and in on
something else.

Is this an issue with the bridging code, the vlan code, or both??

I have em0 and em1 set with the following
flags UP, BROADCAST, RUNNING, PROMISC, SIMPLEX, MULTICAST

vlan199 flags UP, BROADCAST, RUNNING, PROMISC, SIMPLEX, MULTICAST
vlan199 has no options.

Anybody else run into this problem? I am running 5-STABLE as of today.

-Jon