ng_tee, right2left, et al

Ragnar Lonn raglon at packetfront.com
Tue Oct 4 10:00:14 PDT 2005

Ceri Davies wrote:

>I only call it "wrong" as it didn't agree with Archie's article or my
>expectations, hence the quotes - I realise that it's subjective.
>
>It just seems to me that packets leaving left2right would go to right,
>as the name implies.  I don't really mind either way, it's simply that
>I found it confusing.

It's not, really. A good idea is to draw the tee node and its hooks on a
piece of paper.
Here is an ASCII attempt:

left --- right
     \    /
     /    \
  r2l    l2r

The drawing shows that the left hook is associated with the left2right hook:
When packets come in on the left hook they are forwarded to the left2right
hook. Logically, that means they are connected, like in the drawing above,
and that also means that packets can go in the other direction - i.e. from
the left2right hook and to the left hook.

  /Ragnar