ipv6 panic in 6.0 ([kris@FreeBSD.org: kern/85780: 'panic:bogus refcnt 0' in routing/ipv6])

gnn at FreeBSD.org gnn at FreeBSD.org
Sun Oct 2 08:53:03 PDT 2005

Hi,

I am working, very slowly, through this bug, but in the hopes that
others might know something and chime in the packet that caused this
is an ICMPv6 packet for neighbor solicitation (type 135, code 0),
directed at the machine which paniced, i.e. not broadcast or
multicast and is attempting to look up a network route, or at least
that's what it looks like.  I say that it is looking up a network
route because the target address portion of the packet includes only
the first 8 bytes, which in this case are the 64 bits of prefix for
the IPv6 network which the interface is on.

I'll keep digging but figured I'd throw this out there to anyone who
might have more clue.

Later,
George