ACPI interaction with re(4) driver

george+freebsd at m5p.com george+freebsd at m5p.com
Sat Nov 26 19:06:04 GMT 2005

In FreeBSD 6.0-RC1, with a gigabit link, the re driver got continuous
watchdog timeouts and could not be used, although somehow the arp table
got populated anyway.

In FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE, the re driver seems to work with ACPI disabled,
but with ACPI enabled, it still gets watchdog timeouts (and also the
fascinating message, "2 link states coalesced").  (ACPI also prevents
the floppy disk from working, but that's another issue.)  I have a
FIC VA-503+ motherboard.

I'm perfectly happy to run with ACPI disabled, but if there's something
I can try to find out what's going on, I'd be happy to try it ...
-- George Mitchell