cvs commit: src/sys/netinet if_ether.c

Dan Allen danallen46 at airwired.net
Sat Nov 26 17:52:52 GMT 2005

On 26 Nov 2005, at 3:53 AM, Gleb Smirnoff wrote:

> the ARP problem in RELENG_6 is fixed in revision 1.137.2.6 of
> if_ether.c.
>
> The problem was introduced in revision 1.137.2.5. Make sure that
> you have
> revision 1.137.2.4 or revision 1.137.2.6.

It was kind of a sticky situation: I could not sync to get new
sources because the problem caused a network storm - hence no ability
to get 1.137.2.6!

Luckily I had a full set of CVS sources on the machine.  I checked
out the last known good 1.137.2.4, rebuilt and reinstalled the
kernel, rebooted, then did the sync to get 1.137.2.6, then another
kernel rebuild and reinstall, rebooted, and then I came up good.

Thanks for the quick fix!

Dan