TCP inflight (was: Re: Poor Samba throughput on 6.0 (fwd))

Jeremie Le Hen jeremie at le-hen.org
Thu Nov 17 10:02:45 PST 2005

Hi, Robert,

> I've seen a number of reports that TCP inflight data limiting is
> substantially impacting performance on high bandwidth, low latency
> networks.  Not knowing much about it, I figured I'd post on net@ and see
> if anyone here is interested in taking a look at some of the reports
> (they're easy to find in the mailing list archives) and investigating how
> to fix them.

FWIW, Alexander Leidinger pointed out in this very thread [1] that Matt
Dillon proposed a patch for DragonFlyBSD and that it would be interesting
to test it, but nobody has taken care of this yet.

Best regards,
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-performance/2005-November/001654.html
--
Jeremie Le Hen