Intel 82572EI

Julian Elischer julian at elischer.org
Wed Nov 16 14:39:37 PST 2005

Iasen Kostov wrote:

>On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 09:40 -0800, Julian Elischer wrote:
>

>>Iasen Kostov wrote:
>>

>>>	When will if_em support 82572EI (and 82572 in general).
>>>I saw this
>>>http://archives.neohapsis.com/archives/openbsd/cvs/2005-10/0235.html
>>>

>>>from which is this quote:
>>

>>>"Sync up to Intel's latest FreeBSD em driver which adds
>>>support for the 82571 and 82572 PCI Express chips."
>>>

>>I believe this is coming in a few weeks as I know intel is currently
>>working on this.
>>

>But the OpenBSD's cvs notice clearly states that the work is done.
>And I've looked in their sources and (at first glance) it looks like
>they are supporting it via "Intel's latest FreeBSD em driver" which I
>can not explain (I've looked at intel's site and the driver there do not
>support that cards ...) ;).

The latest Intel version is 3.2.18 I have a copy of it I got directly.
but we are under NDA etc. It has a regular BSD copyright header on it
so it looks like it should be ok for them to commit it but
they may not be ready yet.  it only claims to support 4.10+ and 5.4 so
it is possible it
doesn't support 6.0 or -current yet (there were a lot of changes in the
-current one done
by people other than Intel and maybe they are having a problem merging
them back)
That may be why they have not committed it yet.

the ones I can find on the website are 1.7.41 and 1.7.35

the one in -current is 2.1.7