zebra - ospfd and gif0 problems

Tillman Hodgson tillman at seekingfire.com
Sun Nov 13 16:51:29 PST 2005

On Mon, Nov 14, 2005 at 12:41:45AM +0000, Baldur Gislason wrote:
> I'm trying to setup a small VPN with IPIP tunnels and using Zebra with OSPF to do the routing.
> However, ospfd doesn't seem to recognise the gif0 interface.
<snip>
> gif0 is up, line protocol is up
>   OSPF not enabled on this interface
<snip>
> Is anyone running ospfd on freebsd with point to point interfaces?

I'm using Quagga with OpenVPN tunnels, which is a similar situation.

Do you have a stanza like this in your osfpd.conf describing the gif0
interface?

interface tun2
 ip ospf network point-to-point

-T

--
I love the way Microsoft follows standards. In much the same manner that
fish follow migrating caribou.