wpa_supplicant and wep

Kevin Downey redchin at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 20:56:54 PST 2005

ath0: <Atheros 5212> mem 0xe0010000-0xe001ffff irq 10 at device 9.0 on pci0
ath0: Ethernet address: 00:0f:3d:ae:ad:b8
ath0: mac 5.9 phy 4.3 radio 4.6

when I use wpa_supplicant and dhclient the card ends up in a loop scanning
for aps, and everyone in awhile will associate with my ap, then a minute or
so later it will continue looping through channels. if I set the card up
manualy it works fine no problem.

FreeBSD zifnab.nexus.lan 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE #1: Sat Nov 5
02:51:28 PST 2005 root at zifnab.nexus.lan:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/D i386

/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf:
ctrl_interface=/var/run/wpa_supplicant
ctrl_interface_group=0
eapol_version=1
ap_scan=1
fast_reauth=1
network={
ssid="kubo"
key_mgmt=NONE
wep_key0=fedcba98765432100123456789
wep_tx_keyidx=0
priority=5
}

this is working find up untill I got home from work today.

--
Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam