openssl & gmail problem

Meka[ni] mekalists at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 02:19:39 PST 2005

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 08:33:21 +0000
Brian Candler <B.Candler at pobox.com> wrote:

> To "do something about it" you modify the openssl source code so that it
> sends the correct SMTP sequence (EHLO, wait for reply, STARTTLS).
>
> If it "works" on your gentoo-linux box, pointing to the same smtp server,
> then I can only guess that your gentoo-linux box is running a different or
> patched version of openssl. You can run the session from there and use
> tcpdump to show what is different in the message exchange. If it's a
> different version of openssl then try installing the version of openssl
> which is in the ports collection.
	I've tried to use gentoo patches, but it didn't help. I'm having trouble upgrading to 6.0-STABLE from the source (only on that machine), so I suppose there are some real problems with that box. I've asked a friend to try the same command on his 5.4 FreeBSD box, and he reported the same problem. I'm downloading 6.0-RC1, and will try with it. I will let you know what happened. :o)

> If you reply to me again personally, your message will go straight in the
> trash.
	I wasn't even looking who am I replaying to. Got used to replay to the list, not to the sender. Sorry about that. :o(

--
FreeB(eer)S(ex)D(rugs) are the real daemons!!!