RFC: if_bridge

Gleb Smirnoff glebius at FreeBSD.org
Mon May 30 23:48:33 PDT 2005

  Andrew,

first big thanks for your work!

On Tue, May 31, 2005 at 11:25:54AM +1200, Andrew Thompson wrote:
A> I am looking for testers and code review for if_bridge, the bridge
A> implementation from NetBSD (and OpenBSD).
A>
A> Highlights include:
A>  - 802.1d spanning tree support

Sorry, I can't test at the moment. But I'd like to express my small
wish about your future import to FreeBSD.

When I have looked at it in NetBSD source tree, I've noticed that
STP support is quite separate from the if_bridge itself. I like
this very much. And it will be very useful if in FreeBSD the
STP kernel "library" won't depend on if_bridge at all. I'm asking
for this because I'd like to have STP support to ng_bridge(4) using
the same engine as if_bridge does.

--
Totus tuus, Glebius.
GLEBIUS-RIPN GLEB-RIPE