iwi driver: Probes but no association (FreeBSD5.4).

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Sun May 29 00:01:19 PDT 2005

On Tue, 24 May 2005, Josef Karthauser wrote:

> I tried that:
>
>    genius# ifconfig iwi0 up
>    genius# ifconfig iwi0
>    iwi0: flags=8802<BROADCAST,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500

I've seen the same problem - with certain access points (or a certain
ordering of commands to bring the interface up?) the driver wouldn't
associate.  But, it always works on the APs I visit most frequently. :)

I don't know if I'll be near the troublesome APs anytime soon to see if
the recent change Damien made fixed the problem.

Mike "Silby" Silbersack