LDAP Server hangs

skshyam skshyam at optusnet.com.au
Mon May 23 16:27:59 PDT 2005

Hi All,

Yesterday I had configured my LDAP Server with Samba and populated the directory entries and made everything work. There was one entry in the LDAP Directory that was wrong. So i used smbldap-userdel to remove the entry. before it was removed, the directory started to hang. I wasnt able to use the slapcat command nor the Ldapsearch command. I wasnt able to connect into the samba server because the Ldap directory was screwed up. Even when i rebooted the server, the problem still persisted.

Can anyone please tell me what caused it and how to resolve this issue. I am sure someone would have faced a similar problem as me.

Thanking You

Shyam