radius client parameters

fooler fooler at skyinet.net
Thu Mar 31 21:56:32 PST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bikrant Neupane" <bikrant_ml at wlink.com.np>
To: <freebsd-isp at freebsd.org>
Cc: "fooler" <fooler at skyinet.net>; <freebsd-net at freebsd.org>
Sent: Friday, April 01, 2005 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: radius client parameters

> Is CALLING_STATION_ID enabled by default in the radius configuration?

since you are using freebsd 4.10 while i look the code of user ppp in
freebsd 5.3... please check at /usr/src/usr.sbin/ppp/radius.c function
radius_Authenticate() if you find this:

    if (rad_put_string(r->cx.rad, RAD_NAS_IDENTIFIER, hostname) != 0) {
      log_Printf(LogERROR, "rad_put: rad_put_string: %s\n",
                 rad_strerror(r->cx.rad));
      rad_close(r->cx.rad);
      return 0;
    }
  }

  if ((mac_addr = getenv("HISMACADDR")) != NULL &&
      rad_put_string(r->cx.rad, RAD_CALLING_STATION_ID, mac_addr) != 0) {
    log_Printf(LogERROR, "rad_put: %s\n", rad_strerror(r->cx.rad));
    rad_close(r->cx.rad);
    return;
  }

  radius_put_physical_details(r->cx.rad, authp->physical);

if you dont find RAD_CALLING_STATION_ID then fetch the latest version of
user-ppp and youll be fine...

>  However
> I don't see any Attributes in the access-request log.  I guess it is the
> client which is not sending the CALLING_STATION_ID attribute by default to
> the server. How do I configure the radius client (in Freebsd) to send this
> attribute to the radius server ?

pppoed is the one resposible assigning the mac address to environment
variable HISMACADDR while the user-ppp get and put it to CALLING_STATION_ID
radius attribute (as show above code)... therefore user-ppp automatically do
it for you to send that radius attribute..

fooler.