Plan to remove GIANT dependence in ixgb driver

Paul Willmann willmann at rice.edu
Tue Mar 29 00:49:07 PST 2005

Hi all,

I'm new to the list, but before I go ahead and modify the ixgb (intel
10 Gb NIC) driver to have its own mutex, I want to just send out an
announcement to avoid any duplication of effort by anyone else who
might be doing the same.  The drivers in CURRENT and STABLE both
require giant.  I have a pair of NICs and multiprocessor machines to
test this on.  Please send me an email if you've got a concern about
this or have already started work...

Thanks,

--Paul Willmann