changes to make ethernet packets able to be unaligned...

Sten Spans sten at blinkenlights.nl
Sun Mar 20 04:14:07 PST 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, Mike Silbersack wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Mar 2005, Sten Spans wrote:
>
>> em with jumboframes is borken atm.
>> It seems some drivers don't handle the jumboframes -
>> chained mbufs case quite correctly.
>>
>> --
>> Sten Spans
>
> Totally broken, or broken when used on non-i386 architectures?

Broken on alpha, I haven't had a chance to test other
!i386 architectures. But the same problem already has a
( posibly dirty ) fix in openbsd.

Alignment is only done for mtu 1500, so jumbo frames are
not aligned with causes problems on strict alignment architectures.

Sten Spans

"There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in."
Leonard Cohen - Anthem