changes to make ethernet packets able to be unaligned...

John-Mark Gurney gurney_j at resnet.uoregon.edu
Thu Mar 17 14:14:00 PST 2005

Ok, since you wanted to look at it more... I have a working copy of
making packets alignment safe for ip in p4 at as change 73150:
http://perforce.freebsd.org/changeView.cgi?CH=73150&ignore=GO%21

This currently is only for arm and I plan to now remove the code from
epe.c that copies the packet around since it's really stupid, and
considering how easily NetBSD did this (it took about about 5 minutes
to get this code running), I'm ashamed that I didn't do this a while
back when I was working on if_re...

Comments please?

I'll bring up adding:
#define        __NO_STRICT_ALIGNMENT
to i386 and amd64's include/_types.h on -arch shortly.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579