too many Gratuitous ARPs

Danny Braniss danny at cs.huji.ac.il
Wed Mar 16 01:02:03 PST 2005

> Depends on what the arps are for.
>
> On my network router (which is running 5.3), I noticed a lot of ARP messages
> that were not as a result of any configuration errors and was able to put a stop
> to it by using this control variable in sysctl:
>
> net.link.ether.inet.log_arp_wrong_iface=0
>
> Further information can be found here, which is where I tracked down the above
> sysctl line:
>
> http://www.freebsdhowtos.com/102.html
>
> Maybe that will help :-)
>
> Ray

This is not my case, no kernel messages, I see the packets. (im mirrowing
the traffic to another host so that i can 'sniff' it).

the host has indeed two nics, but only one is connected.
The problem - if indeed it is - only appears on this host, and i have
several identical ones, that don't show this.

danny