Problems stopping pptp...

Eric Schuele e.schuele at computer.org
Tue Mar 15 19:22:26 PST 2005

Sten Daniel Sørsdal wrote:
> Eric Schuele wrote:
>
>>   Alt Shift V closes the connection
>>      sudo killall -TERM ppp
>

> Have you ever tried -HUP (Hangup) ?

Thank you for responding.  Sorry I did not get back to you sooner, I was
out of town.

Yes, I have tried it... same result.

Seems to me I must be doing things wrong here.  And oddly, no one has
responded with a solution.  Odd in the sense that I would assume I am
not the only one to ever have to stop a VPN connection.  I had figured
this to be a no brainer and that someone would immediately set me straight.

All the docs/web pages/mail archives I can find all discuss starting the
VPN...nothing mentions stopping.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I
found a one entry that said to control-C it and another that said to
send it a -TERM.  both however produce .core on my machine.

Something must be wrong. Just hoping someone can point it out.

-Eric

Regards,
Eric