TCP window scale option setting?

lbland lbland at vvi.com
Fri Mar 4 05:44:07 PST 2005

hi-

In section 2.5 of the Stevens book it says "we wil see how to effect
this [window scale] option with SO_RCVBUF socket option (Section 7.5)".

But, when I get to Section 7.5 it doesn't say anything about it that I
can find. I searched the whole book, and then googled and then grep'd
the header files to hack it. I see some related macros, but nothing
definitive. I can't find enough to figure it out. It seems I can use
setsockopt() to implicitly maybe or maybe not define it, but then I
have no way of checking to make sure it stuck during the initial
negotiation.

How do I get the current TCP window scale setting?

How do I set the TCP window scale setting?

thanks!-

-lance