Routing path of jail

Raymond Wagner wagnerrp at email.uc.edu
Mon Jun 27 17:57:31 GMT 2005

I am setting up a firewall (IPFW and NATD) for use on a DSL line with
several public IPs.  I have set up one alias on my external interface for
each IP I am allotted and am trying to force a program to run on one of the
aliased addresses.  I am using lynx and the website www.whatismyip.com to
determine what IP it is using.

Currently, I have been trying to use a jail to achieve this.  From what I
can tell, the jail uses the first address on the external interface as a
gateway.  Lynx returns the public IP bound to the first address, and my IPFW
logs show the same thing.  Now using NATD, I have been able to forward
computers inside the firewall to one of the other public IP addresses, but I
can't get it to work for jail.  If there some setting I need to put into the
routing tables?  Or is there some weird forwarding scheme I can use with
NATD to achieve this?