Issues with a Large Fat pipe Network simulation

Luigi Rizzo rizzo at icir.org
Tue Jun 21 17:29:58 GMT 2005

oh yes one thing... you are using 'via foo0' in your rule,
which means the packet is intercepted both in the input and
output path, which causes further contention on the queues.

try 'pipe 1 in recv foo0 ...' which should only intercept
traffic in the input path.

also you can set the queue size in kbytes, and can probably go as high
as 1000kb. maybe this helps too.

I am pretty sure there is some issue there, also related to some
timing issues and tcp window opening mode (slow start vs. linear)

	cheers
	luigi