EM Driver problems

Patrick Domack patrickdk at patrickdk.com
Mon Jun 20 20:48:19 GMT 2005

I have been using fxp network based cards, without issues. I have recently
changed over to em cards, and get kernel panics about once every few days
with them (mainly sbdrop panics). I already have nsfclusters set to 32k,
and freebsd vm memory
set to 850megs, with 4g memory installed.

After playing adjusting things and not making any noticable improvements,
I upgraded the default freebsd em driver from 1.7 to the 2.0 version on
intels website. This seemed to fix things for awhile, lastest two weeks
before any problems happened, at witch time the card/driver stopped
recieving/sending packets. I am still looking into exactly what happened
here.