vr0 kernel panic

Andrey Smagin samspeedu at mail.ru
Fri Jun 17 05:54:12 GMT 2005

Hello Brooks,

BD> [DO NOT reply to random messages to post on new topics.  I nearly missed
BD> this message.]

BD> On Thu, Jun 16, 2005 at 10:06:01AM +0400, Andrey Smagin wrote:
>> Hi ALL,
>>
>>    panic: vr0f0: BUG: if_attach called without if_alloc'd input()
>>
>>   Kernel panic after load, since about week in current.
>>   Bad but solution:
>>   load if_vr module and configure interface after all (in rc.d/ script).

BD> Please read /usr/src/UPDATING.  It looks like you updated your kernel,
BD> but not modules.  vr(4)'s attach routing looks correct by inspection and
BD> the interface works here.

Ok. I am will check it all more complex. But about year i live on current.
By cron every day at 2:30(Moscow) cvsup new sources and automaticaly build and
install it. And i not touched configs last few month. Today new build
also panic reboots at vr0. Bad news for me that i updated my
server, and it also hang's on boot. Server have no vr at all, then because
i think that problem not in vr driver. Server have no monitor i can't look
point of crash now. Now i use kernel.old. Present some incompatibles with world,
but system work anyway.

--
Best regards,
 Andrey                            mailto:samspeedu at mail.ru