Looking for networking solution.

jeffm at frob.org jeffm at frob.org
Wed Jun 15 14:08:12 GMT 2005

> On 6/15/05, M.Jessa <lists at yazzy.org> wrote:
> Hi guys.
>
> I am looking for solution I could implement on a link with a huge
> latency
<snip>

I am only familiar with split connection gateways.  They totally isolate
TCP from the effects of the satellite link by using some sort of
enhanced protocol over the middle hop.  The end TCPs are terminated
locally and do not see large RTTs or latency.  I did some work last
year with Mitre's reference implementation of SCPS-TP, which made a
huge difference.  However, splitting the TCP connection does cause
some issues.

jeff