HEADSUP: internal network interface changes

Brooks Davis brooks at one-eyed-alien.net
Fri Jun 10 22:08:16 GMT 2005

On Sat, Jun 11, 2005 at 10:01:33AM +1200, Andrew Thompson wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 09:57:24AM -0700, Brooks Davis wrote:
> > On Fri, Jun 10, 2005 at 09:26:00AM -0700, Brooks Davis wrote:
> > > Look out! :-)
> > >
> > > This change is incoming sortly (pending final cvs updates).
> >
> > I've committed the change bumping __FreeBSD_version.  Hopefully the
> > ride won't be too bumpy.  If you have any problems, please report them
> > on -current as well as to me directly.  Most problems should be fairly
> > simple to fix.  I will be checking my e-mail regularly for at least the
> > next 14 hours.
> >

> Im getting a panic with if_bridge, it seems to have been missed from the
> if_alloc() changes.

Sorry about that, I remember converting if_bridge, but looking at it, I
clearly did not.  The patch isn't quite right.  You will have to keep
the setting of if_type and call if_alloc(IFT_ETHER) and then use a
matching if_free_type(ifp, IFT_ETHER).  Alternativly, you could register
functions to allocate the arpcom for IFT_BRIDGE as at the bottom of
if_ethersubr.c.

-- Brooks