issue with route

Charles Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Fri Jun 3 16:56:10 PDT 2005

On Jun 3, 2005, at 6:40 PM, Li, Qing wrote:
>> Are you perhaps asking for .emacs setting which conforms to this (the
>> four-space) style?
>
>     Yes, do you have one ?

For most purposes, if you set c-basic-offset to 4, this will also
work fine with classic BSD-style code using 8-chars as the initial
offset, since c-mode will go from that indent if the code you are
modifying is using it.  You still want tab-width set to 8, so
consider placing something like this in your .emacs:

;; Define C indenting style
(defconst my-c-style
     '((c-basic-offset                . 4)
       (c-tab-always-indent           . t)
       ; [ ...snip... ]
       (c-echo-syntactic-information-p . f)  ; change to "t" if you
want to see indent info
       )
     "Qing's C programmming style :-)")

;; Customizations for both c-mode and c++-mode
(defun my-c-mode-common-hook ()
     (c-set-style "bsd")
     (c-add-style "PERSONAL" my-c-style t)
     (setq tab-width 8
           indent-tabs-mode nil)
     )

(add-hook 'c-mode-common-hook 'my-c-mode-common-hook)

...and see whether that comes closer to what you want.  Hmm, this may
not add additional indentation for the "two + lines + gets..." case.
So also try putting this:

       (c-offsets-alist               . ((arglist-close     . c-
lineup-arglist)
                                         (statement-cont    . ++)))

...into the my-c-style block as well, this seems to work.

--
-Chuck