issue with route

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 jinmei at isl.rdc.toshiba.co.jp
Fri Jun 3 15:35:25 PDT 2005

>> Then please send me your final patch including proposed
>> commit message for final review again.  After that, when no
>> more issues arise, you can go ahead and commit the change.
>>
>> Oh, BTW.  Don't be afraid when you get brucified.  Bruce'

> 	Does anyone have a good .emacs that conforms to style(9)
> 	that could share with me?

> 	That might just save me a lot of pain from the
> 	inevitable brucifixion.

I believe the built-in "bsd" style should meet most of the style
requirements (with GNU Emacs 21).  Try (c-set-style "bsd") on your
.[ch] buffers (and put it in the c-mode-common-hook if it works).

The only hard part I can see with the bsd style is the "four-space
indentation" rule for the 2nd level:

     Indentation is an 8 character tab.  Second level indents are four spaces.
     If you have to wrap a long statement, put the operator at the end of the
     line.

             while (cnt < 20 && this_variable_name_is_too_long &&
                 ep != NULL)
                     z = a + really + long + statement + that + needs +
                         two + lines + gets + indented + four + spaces +
                         on + the + second + and + subsequent + lines;

The bsd style would indent these lines as follows:

             while (cnt < 20 && this_variable_name_is_too_long &&
                    ep != NULL)
                     z = a + really + long + statement + that + needs +
                             two + lines + gets + indented + four + spaces +
                             on + the + second + and + subsequent + lines;

Are you perhaps asking for .emacs setting which conforms to this (the
four-space) style?

					JINMEI, Tatuya
					Communication Platform Lab.
					Corporate R&D Center, Toshiba Corp.