The performances of OpenKeta@FreeBSD v0.8-alpha

Mike Silbersack silby at silby.com
Wed Jun 1 00:41:53 PDT 2005

On Wed, 1 Jun 2005 iampinetan at netscape.net wrote:

> We use SPECweb99 to experiment 300, 600 and 1000 simultaneous
> connections on four testing platforms including the OpenKETA at FreeBSD on
> FreeBSD v5.3, Apache v1.3.3 on FreeBSD v5.3, Apache v1.3.3 on Redhat
> Enterprise Linux v3.0, and TUX 3.2.14 on Redhat Enterprise Linux v3.0.

The results look interesting, but I think you need more datapoints.
Apache 1.3 is one of the worst servers in existance for static content
serving; if possible, you should include apache 2.x and thttpd in your
benchmarks for comparison purposes.

Also, does openketa have a website describing what exactly it does?  Is
this a piece of software that will be released soon?

Thanks,

Mike "Silby" Silbersack